Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The BEST stain remover (makes dingy clothes like NEW)

About a month ago, I purchased an adorable outfit for Hayes at a consignment sale. The only problem was that the front had an area that, at one time, had been white, but was now dingy. I have been researching different methods for removing stains and dinginess, and today I decided to try one. It uses things you probably already have around the house and it worked GREAT so I decided to share.

Ingredients:
1 part dish soap (I used Ajax...any type would work)
1 part baking soda
2 parts hydrogen peroxide



Mix all ingredients well and apply liberally to the area you wish to clean. I put my garment on a baking sheet so that it would not make a mess.


Use a scrub brush to work the solution into the stain or dingy area then apply more of the solution on the top to saturate it.


Let it sit for about an hour, then wash and dry as usual. I was very impressed with the finished product. The white is much brighter does not look as worn (just wish I had thought to take a "before" picture for comparison, but trust me...it looks much better).


No comments:

Post a Comment