Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Egg Wreath

This week, I did my first Easter craft project. I compiled a few ideas that I have seen online to make an Easter egg wreath. It's a pretty simple and fun project and looks great on our front door. You can make it in any color scheme that you like (and can find eggs in those colors).

Supplies:
Straw or styrofoam wreath in desired size
Hot glue gun (and glue sticks)
Plastic Easter eggs in desired colors
Easter "grass" (I used paper grass but plastic would also work)
Wax-coated string (or really any thicker string) to make hanger

Directions:

1) Hot glue the plastic eggs over the entire front surface of the wreath. Cover all parts of the wreath that can be see when the wreath is lying flat on your work surface (and what will also show when it is hanging on the door or wall). Place the eggs as close together as possible, leaving as little space between them as you can. They do not have to be placed in a certain direction, or all facing the same way. In fact, it seems to work better if they are placed randomly.

2) Place a small amount of hot glue between the cracks in the eggs (where you can see the wreath peeking through) and immediate place a small amount of "grass" in that area and poke down into the space so that the grass will stick to the glue (and still stick out between the eggs). This step is hard to explain, but simple to actually do. You have to do one spot at a time or the glue will dry before you get the grass attached. I trimmed my grass after it was attached so that it was all about the same length.

3) Create a hanger on the back of the wreath. I used wax-coated string, but any thicker string would work. Make a loop out of the string and weave it in between the eggs on the front of the wreath (so that it does not show and is covered by the "grass") and tie in a knot on the back. Tie another knot, leaving a loop on the back of the wreath, where it can hang from a nail or knob.

4) You're done! Hang it up and enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. This popped up on my Pinterest page and then on my Facebook newsfeed. I was thinking that I was seeing things when that happened. So cute!

    ReplyDelete